2. Collection of Information
Information you provide to us
When you use our website to book a room with us or open an account or register for the Services, we ask you to provide certain information, such as your name, phone number, email address, the size and makeup of your party (including how many adults and children), your preferred currency for payment, your check-in/check-out dates, the location of the hotel at which you intend to stay and your payment information.
We also collect information when you subscribe to our monthly newsletter online, fill out other online forms, make an online purchase, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us through our website.
Information about your use of the services
We collect information about your use of our website, such as the search terms you enter, the pages you visit within our website, and the links you click on.
Automatically collected information
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Location Information: In accordance with your device permissions, we may collect information about the precise location of your device. For more details, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information we collect from other sources
We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may collect information about you through other means, such as in person, through the phone, emails sent from you, or from third parties such as travel agencies, and combine that information with information collected through our website.
3. Use of Information
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our services, such as to conduct website analytics, improve marketing services, or deliver targeted advertisements. We may also use the information we collect to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Company and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Company and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
4. Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Company or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Company and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
5. Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
6. Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
7. Data Retention
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
8. Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Company is based in the United States and we process and store information in the U.S. and Canada. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
9. Residents of the European Economic Area
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal basis for processing
If you are a resident of the EEA, when we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing services you have requested).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to our Services, and to provide, secure, and improve our Services.
Data subject requests
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us as indicated below.
Questions or complaints
If you are a resident of the EEA and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
10. Your Choices
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at 133 N Jefferson Street 4th Floor, Chicago, IL 60661. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from Company by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Your California privacy rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at:
133 N Jefferson Street 4th Floor, Chicago, IL 60661 or email@example.com – Opens in your default email application.
11. Contact Information
133 N Jefferson Street 4th Floor,
Chicago, IL 60661 or
firstname.lastname@example.org – Opens in your default email application.
Last Updated: August 24th 2018